VICTORIA CACTUS & SUCCULENT SOCIETY
- The name of the society is Victoria Cactus & Succulent Society.
- The purpose of the society is educational, carried on with regard to succulent plants, including cactia) by diverse programs to encourage the novice; to provide scope for the experienced growers; to invite the interest of the public
b) with displays and shows to foster wider public appreciation of these unusual plants, their habitat and conservation
c) by dissemination of knowledge, skills, seeds and plants to promote understand of the nature and culture of these plants and their habitat.
- The aspirations of the society are expressed in the words, “To Learn, To Grow, To Show, To Share.” This clause is unalterable.
- The operation of the society shall be carried out without purpose of gain for its members and any profit or other accretitions to the society shall be used for promoting its purpose. This clause is unalterable.
- In the event of winding up or on dissolution of the society, any funds or assets of the society remaining after the satisfaction of its debts and liabilities shall be donated or transferred to one or more non-profit organizations having the same or similar purposes, as may be determined by the members of this society at the time of winding up or dissolution. This clause is unalterable.
The By-Laws of the Society are those set out in Schedule B of the Society Act, with the following variations, deletions and additions:
PART 2 – MEMBERSHIP – under (4)
*There shall be three categories of membership.
- Individual.~ One vote only
- Family ~ two or more person residing at the same address. One vote only
- Associate ~ an individual who may not be able to attend meetings by reasons of personal considerations or distance. Non-voting
Membership fees shall reflect these differences.
Part 7 ~ Duties of Officers -add clause
45 (A) “Officers shall perform such duties as the members decide.”
The Victoria Cactus & Succulent Society is an educational, non-profit Society registered according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia under Certificate of Incorporations No – 29715 issued October 29, 1992
A copy of the Society Act, Chapter 390 (which includes Schedule B)is obtainable from the Ministry Of Finance & Corporate Relations, 940 Blanshard Street, Victoria, B.C.